Holidays & Special Events
Need to send that special person a gift? At Eastern Iowa Pak Mail, sending a gift for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, birthdays, graduation, weddings is as easy as saying, “send this gift to Aunt Marge in Florida.” Our customers enjoy the ease of having their address book in our database. No need to bring in or memorize an address a second time. We have Aunt Mary’s address and know what to do.
At Eastern Iowa Pak Mail we want to make the gift giving experience as exciting as presenting the gift in person. Eastern Iowa Pak Mail can ship almost anything anywhere and is pleased to offer a few tips when shopping for gifts to ship.
- Make sure the fragile item is cushioned well before gift wrapping.
- Avoid giving perfume or cologne because it is considered flammable and hazardous material.
- Liquor can not be legally shipped by the general public, only from a licensed liquor distributor. (But we can ship wine to some locations.)
- It is important to consider all temperatures – those in transit, and those at the destination. Chocolate going to Arizona in the summer, or fruit going to Alaska in the winter may each be risky choices.
- It is best to ship perishables, such as baked goods, meat or fruit, on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday especially during the holiday season.
- Select non-fragile, lighter weight gifts that are not bulky. It can help save on shipping costs.
- Ship holiday packages early, at least 2 weeks ahead if possible. At Christmas time, couriers typically encounter such high package volumes that they lift delivery guarantees for a short time. However, Pak Mail can recommend shipping methods even for last minute procrastinators.