Eastern Iowa Pak Mail offers notary service. While we usually have at least one notary in the store, our notaries also handle packaging, shipping, and pick up services. Therefore, they may not be available at every hour of every day. We recommend that you call to confirm when a notary will be available before coming to the store.
We provide mobile notary service to shut-ins. Because of the other demands within the store, mobile notary service is by appointment only and is usually limited to the Cedar Rapids metro area. Please contact us as far in advance as possible so that we can find a mutually convenient time.
Please keep the following things in mind:
- Signing a notarized document is important. In many cases it carries the same status as testifying in court. It is therefore essential that all signatories have read the document(s) prior to signing to confirm that the data is accurate and that they can sign it as their voluntary act and deed. If you have questions about the documents, it is important that you seek clarification before you come in. Notaries are not able to provide explanations or other legal advice.
- Our standard notary fees are based on the typical time required to sign an average document. If extra time is required for the documents to be read, copied or processed, additional fees may be charged.
- Some notarial statements require that the notary watch you actually sign the document. You may fill in blanks and information within the document ahead of time, but do not sign or date documents until you are in the presence of the notary.
- You will need to show the notary a current photo id such as a driver’s license or a passport to confirm your identity.
- If your document requires the signature of witnesses in addition to the notary, it is your responsibility to arrange to have witnesses present.