Shredding & Recycling
Scammers, con artists, identity thieves all love to get access to personal and financial information. It is important to protect data for you, your family, your business, or organization. Tearing something in half and putting it in the trash or city recycling can still leave it vulnerable to fraudsters. That is the premier reason that Pak Mail has added a shredding service.
Our service is professional, confidential, and safe. Whatever you are doing to create a need for shredding – spring cleaning, purging old files and financial records, getting rid of old magazines – you can bring them to Pak Mail with confidence. A little or a lot, volume does not matter; the charge is by the pound. Pull up to our door, and we will help you unload. When the shredding is finished, all the data will have been permanently eliminated in an ecological way.
At Eastern Iowa PakMail we are pleased to say – “Nuts to us!”
Eastern Iowa PakMail is a collection center for the Plastic Loosefill Council. We make an effort to be “green,” using what recycled materials are appropriate for a professional packing job. Please take a moment to read our guidelines, below, for what we can and cannot recycle.
Ode to Packing Peanuts
They’re in the garage
Where our things need to go!
They fill up my trash cans
Which costs extra dough$$$
And out in the storeroom
They spill on the floor;
They multiply monthly
To volumes galore!
So I must admit, there’s
No “ifs,” “ands” or buts” —
Those darn packing peanuts
Are driving me NUTS!!
We DO recycle:
- Styrofoam™ peanuts that are clean and separated from other materials.
- Biodegradable “peanuts” that are clean and separated from other materials. Please do not mix them with Styrofoam™ peanuts. They have different uses.
- Bubble Wrap pieces that are a minumum of 12″ x 12″, un-popped, clean, with no tape and separated from other materials.
- Plastic air pillows that are full, clean and separated from other materials.
- Sheets of white, firm Styrofoam™ 1 inch thick, minimum 2 square feet.
We CANNOT recycle and DO NOT accept the following:
- Paper, including shredded paper and paper batting
- Styrofoam™ that is molded (end caps, etc.), dirty, or painted
- Styrofoam™ coolers
Go to www.solidwasteagency.org for recycling options for these and other items.
Businesses or individuals with large quantities of “peanuts” may contact the store to schedule a one time pick up or to be placed on our bimonthly pick up schedule.
To avoid littering, please do not leave peanuts and other recycling when our store is closed.